Monday 31 December 2012

Crazy Day!!

Sometimes things just don't go as planned.

The person you spoke to two weeks ago isn't at work today and then no one else knows what's going on. Tinka and the support crew have been trying to pick up two camper vans today. A job that should be so easy turned out to be very hard. Frustration all around I think!

I was a bit over zealous putting my bike together,  I over tightened a screw on my head stem and busted it off, with a bit of the screw left behind. My nickname is no longer "Em", it 's " muscles". Hahaha!! Can't get the Giant head stem I need in Brisbane city centre. Major bummer!!  Ben to the rescue - massive thanks  to McBains Cycles in Hobart for express posting me a new head stem, I will pick it up at Forster on Day 4. My bike is still rideable - thank goodness, not ideal to be missing a screw, but not the end of the world. I'll just have to make sure that I don' t do a sprint finish into Byron Bay tomorrow (after 210km) LOL!!

We just have to get the vans, buy some food supplies, pack the vans, put the signs on the vans and we're all set! Bikes are put together, everyone feels great. I'm sure that things will flow smoothly once we are on the road.

A quiet NYE planned for us tonight at an Italian restaurant at South Bank.

I can't wait until tomorrow!!

Em





No comments:

Post a Comment